Polo - ancient sport of Kings, a fully charged partnership between horse and rider in the ultimate team game. At Hook Polo we serve an exacting clientele who rely on us for quality, flair and attention to detail. We have sourced the finest materials from English producers for our technical gloves, such as Pittards performance leathers. Off pitch, our lifestyle products are from the same impeccable sources, hand made in England with the greatest care, for luxury that will stand the test of time and the rigours of life's journey.
Professional Polo Equipment
Incorporating fresh designs with advanced technical features, our sports polo gloves offer a professional finish, with a creative twist. We pride ourselves on our British branding and talented British ambassadors, who are some of the UK's most competent players. Our performance pro range gloves are made using Pittards W100X performance leathers, offering optimum grip and comfort for any player. We also offer customised team shirts made to order within 4-6 weeks.
About Pittards Leather
Established in Somerset, England in 1826,Pittardsis a world leader in the manufacture of performance leathers. Their highly specified glove leathers have been developed to provide a range of benefits that include water and perspiration resistance, increased wear functionality and enhanced grip characteristics.
We use Pittards W100X performance leathers as part of our performance pro range gloves. Providing players with a skin tight feel, with a leather thickness at 0.65mm this is our thinnest glove yet. Now available in just a single right hand glove or as a pair. The WR100X tanning process permanently protects the leather fibres, both limiting water uptake and helping reduce damage from perspiration. It does this without blocking the structure so each leather maintains its natural breathability.
Caring For Your Leather Gloves
1. Prepare a hand hot solution of soft soap flakes such as "Lux".
2. Gently sponge down the outside leather of the gloves with this solution.
3. Try not to saturate the leather and dab off any excess wetness with a clean dry cloth.
4. Allow the gloves to dry naturally and do not use any external heat source such as a radiator, hair dryer or the sun.
5. As the gloves are drying, put them onto the hands of the wearer several times. This will help to stretch the leather and restore the shape of the gloves to the profile of the hands.
If you decide to use a proprietary leather cleaner or conditioner, please read the product instructions carefully, and be sure the product you are using is suitable for your glove leather.